On December 2, 2019 Microsoft will be retiring the Dynamic Store Bundling (DSB) platform and effective December 3, 2019 the new Digital Attach (DA) platform for Microsoft Store attach. Please review the communication below and begin readiness activities for the DA launch on December 3, 2019. For additional resource, please leverage the Digital Attach Resource Center.
- Review this communication and begin readiness activities for the DA launch on December 3, 2019.
- By October 31, 2019: Download and implement the updated Microsoft Store Client when available.
- Part Number: X22-20439 Win 10 1910 32/64 MultiLang OPK App Update (MS Store App) (DownloadOnly)
On December 2, 2019 Microsoft will be retiring the Dynamic Store Bundling (DSB) platform and effective December 3, 2019 the new Digital Attach platform. The DA platform offers improved redemption experience and discoverability of available content for End Users and technological improvements for enablement of future offerings. Please NOTE:
Licensing and Product Availability
The current DSB catalog will be migrated to the DA platform catalogue & new part numbers will be assigned to all the offerings migrating to DA. Key licensing and product availability dates are as follows:
- Late August 2019: An updated Applications and Digital Attach Price List and Product Terms Document will be posted on Device Partner Center.
- August 31, 2019: A new DA Reference Guide will be posted to Device Partner Center.
- Early October 2019: New part numbers will be available sometime in early October, exact date to be confirmed and will be provided to OEMs.
- December 2, 2019: Last day to order and attach any DSB part numbers currently available.
- All currently available games will be assigned new DA part numbers and available for ordering under DA on December 3, 2019.
- Early December 2019: Applications and Digital Attach Price List and Product Terms Effective Date.
- December 3, 2019: DA part numbers available for order.
- January 31, 2020: the last day to return any DSB Products that are End of Life with a DSB part number.
Testing and Technical Details
- PBR and Returns testing for DA will be available in PQ for OEMs in early July 2019.
- Redemption testing will be available in PQ for OEMs in October 2019.
- OEMs who are on the MDOS platform must migrate from FFKI v1.x (Factory Floor Key Inventory) to MSC (MDOS Smart Client) to use DA.
- The current DSB catalog will be migrated to the Digital Attach platform catalogue & new part numbers will be assigned to all the offerings migrating to DA.
- OEMs will be required to download the updated Microsoft Store Client from SOC to support the new platform. Currently Availability is approximately October 31, 2019.
- Part Number:
- X22-20439 Win 10 1910 32/64 MultiLang OPK App Update (MS Store App) (DownloadOnly)
- The existing Microsoft Store Client (in Windows 10 19H1) will need to be replaced in the OEM’s factory image with the new Microsoft Store Client for any DA enabled devices.
- End Users will not be able to redeem any DA content if the Microsoft Store Client is not updated by OEMs on the device at manufacturing. Although end users may update the Store Client post Windows activation, once it is GA, it will not prompt End Users to perform an update.
- The new Microsoft Store Client will not support retro DSB SKUs. DSB games will be transitioned to DA compatible SKUs. If OEMs plan to attach DSB SKUs up to the DSB EOL, the SKUs must be attached on Windows 10 RS5.
- Windows 10 19H1
- An updated Microsoft Store Client
- Submission of a CBR before PBR
Please NOTE: PBRs will be rejected if they are submitted prior to CBR submission. The technical process involved for submitting PBRs and attaching store content will not change.