Microsoft is planning to launch DA for OEM Office as a new method for OEMs to attach Office to Windows devices.
Microsoft is planning to launch DA for OEM Office in late June at which time OEMs can begin to attach Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office OEM licenses using DA.
DA is an evolution of AFO LB that provides the ability for OEMs to attach apps and content to Windows devices without the need for tokens, custom images, or long lead times. DA removes the need to order and manage Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 product keys by simplifying the attachment process to help reduce costs for OEMs.
AFO LB will continue to be available for a period of time to attach Office and Microsoft 365 after the launch of DA. Microsoft will support both DA and AFO LB processes during the transition period.
The transition will include the following products and programs:
- Microsoft 365 Personal
- Microsoft 365 Family
- Office 2019 Home and Student
- Office 2019 Home and Business
- Office 2019 Professional
- Office 2019 Professional Academic
- Office 2021 Home and Student
- Office 2021 Home and Business
- Office 2021 Professional
- Office 2021 Professional Academic
Specific Product Names with Licensable ID / Part Number can be found here.
* Office 2021 products will be available upon launch. For more information on Office 2021, see.
** This communication is applicable to OEM Office only. For more information on Office PIPC, contact your Microsoft account representative.
- Opening Price Point (OPP) program
- Home and Student (H&S) Emerging Market program
- Maintain OEM Incentive Program support
Microsoft is releasing an updated version of the Office OPK, Office OPK 2106, to include support for DA. Office OPK 2106 is planned to RTM in late June. There will be a preview version of the OPK available to test the DA system in early May. Contact your operations representative for more information on testing. More information on Office OPK 2106 is available here.
The following document provides more information on DA:
Digital Attach program guide
Test Plan video walkthrough
Eventbuilder landing page with all DA for Office trainings for partners to register and view
- Office 2021 products are not available for early activation using generic MSA redemption due to the embargo
- In order to support redemption testing prior to the GA date, partners will need to request Test MSAs for Office 2021 redemption testing from MSOEMOPs@microsoft.com in order to test the Office 2021 skus before GA (Fall 2021)
- Please note each MSA will support 25 tests
- Test MSAs are not needed to test Office 2019 and M365 skus
- Familiarize yourself with the details in this communication and share them with the appropriate contacts in your organization.
- Watch out for additional information as it becomes available in the Digital Attach for OEM Office content collection.
- Review previous training session by clicking on the below link to register:
- Topics for this training included product overview, end user experience and operational considerations
- Attend upcoming Partner office hours:
Partners are encouraged to use this form before each call to request topics/questions for the Office Hours.
If you have any questions, contact your account manager or email us at email@example.com.